Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital | Linear Clinical Research | Hollywood Private Hospital
- Lymphoma – Prof. Chan Cheah
- Myeloma – Dr. Bradley Augustson
- Leukaemia/MDS – Assoc. Prof. Carolyn Grove
Multiple positions available from February 2025 (negotiable start dates).
Initial appointment for 12 months, extensions encouraged, subject to satisfactory performance.
Interviews set in June 2024.
- Completed (or in the final/penultimate year of training) as a Clinical Haematologist
- Registered with the Australian Health Practitioners Regulatory Authority (or eligible for registration here for further information)
- Excellent clinical and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated interest in clinical research
- Post-FRCPath – Part 1 & Part 2 examination (UK Candidates Only)
You will play an integral role in the function of a busy clinical trials unit with >30 studies ranging from phase I-III across lymphoma, myeloma, and leukaemia. We have an active cellular therapy program including autologous and allogeneic CAR T-Cell trials. Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital is Perth’s largest public tertiary hospital, located 5KM west of central Perth. For department overview, active trials, and our past fellows visit here
- Identification, recruitment, and care of patients on clinical trials
- Disease subtype focused outpatient clinics
- Design, presentation, and publication of clinical research
Why Join Us?
- Work in one of the most active Haematology clinical trial units in the world
- Mentoring opportunities with leaders in the field
- Outstanding program track record: our alumni have oral presentations at ASH, first author publications in high impact journals and pivotal involvement in investigator-initiated trials
- Excellent opportunities to independently manage patients as a consultant, with senior clinicians supporting in the background as needed
- Protected research time, with projects tailored to suit interests
- Work/Life balance: no rostered after hours or weekend commitment
- Part time hours negotiable
- Perth is clean, safe, family-friendly, has excellent schools, a vibrant arts/dining scene, and a sunny climate suited to an outdoor lifestyle
Applications and Further Information
Closing date: May 1 2024
First round interviews: June 2024
Please forward an expression of interest and a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org