Multiple positions available from late 2022 (start date negotiable for the ideal candidate) 12 months with potential for extension.
- Completed (or in the final/penultimate year of training) as a Clinical Haematologist.
- Post-FRCPath examination (UK Candidates)
- Registered with the Australian Health Practitioners Regulatory Authority (or eligible for registration – visit here for more information)
- Excellent Clinical and Interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated strong interest in clinical research
Blood Cancer Research WA is a collaboration between Linear Cancer Trials, Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital and the University of Western Australia. The hospital is Perth’s largest public tertiary hospital, located 5km west of central Perth. The successful candidate will play an integral role in the function of a busy clinical trials unit with >20 studies ranging from phase I-III across lymphoma, myeloma and leukaemia.
For an overview of our department and trials currently open, visit here.
You will play an integral role in the function of a busy clinical trials unit with >30 studies ranging from phase I-III across lymphoma, myeloma and leukaemia. We have an active cellular therapy program including autologous and allogeneic CAR T-cell trials. The hospital is Perth’s largest public tertiary hospital, located 5km west of central Perth.
- Identification, recruitment, and care of patients on clinical trials
- Disease subtype focused outpatient clinics
- Design, presentation and publication of clinical research
Why Join Us?
- Our fellows have been extremely productive with multiple oral presentations at ASH, high impact first author publications and heavy involvement in developing investigator initiated trials
- Protected research time, with projects tailored to suit the disease interests of the successful candidate
- Work/life balance: no rostered after hours or weekend commitment
- Enjoy a great quality of life: Perth is clean, safe, family friendly, has excellent public schools, a vibrant arts/dining scene, and sunny climate suited to an outdoor lifestyle